Friday 17 February 2023

Bangkok Holiday Trip (February 2023) - Day 2 of 4


4am. That was how early we had to wake up today, for this money shot above. Of course, I had no problems meeting the timing because I'm always, and forever will be, a trained soldier. The van driver actually came to pick us up on time at 5am. Wow.

The ride was 3 hours out to the wilderness. Everyone else slept in the van. I tried sleeping, but kept waking up because of my motion sickness. Played a lot of Pokemon Go to keep my motion sickness in check. Passed by a lot of Pokegyms in the rural areas and just trashed all of them. LOL.

We reached the zoo rather early, too early. It hasn't even open yet. So our driver drove us to a nearby local breakfast spot. I'd say the view was amazing. So many scenic spots to take pictures.


Nobody dared to buy the local meat, but I was too hungry to consider food safety. I just purchased this 3 sticks of meat for 60 baht. Damn, does it taste good. It was like Teriyaki chicken, but better. I wonder if this is their daily food or something...


The town was super chill and quiet for a Friday morning. Chanced upon another coffee stall again and the girls bought drinks. Me and Jaaron just chill one corner. Honestly, this reminds me of New Zealand, not many buildings around, just simple life. This is the kind of place I'd love to visit more!



Even the coffee stall is just an extension of someone's house. We were perhaps the only visitors all year. After a bit of photo-taking, we walked back to the 7eleven.



After half an hour, we all headed back to the zoo. First up, it was the zebra and giraffe feeding tour, hence the money shot. It's my first time in my life interacting with the animals I have been watching on discovery channels all my life. Pretty unique experience. But if you ask me, I still prefer watching them on screen.



Took a few shots of myself. Sick ass shots!!!


After the feeding tour, we got dropped off at the zoo entrance. The zoo was rather disappointing. The animals all look skinny and sad. I'm pretty sure they are all underfed and are starving. The elephant show and crocodile shows are a waste of time. They just want our money. This makes me believe that all zoos in Thailand are the same.


On the way back to Bangkok, the driver dropped us at River Kwai Bridge. It's another small little off-road village and we got down for a break. The railway line got me so excited!!! It was a railway used during WW2 and built by slaves, as with any other old railway in the world.


As usual, the others weren't so excited cause railway isn't their interest. So I quickly took a few photos and then left the place. Chanced upon a milk tea store and gave it a try. Damn. The milk tea was nice but the pearls were tasteless. I guess we better leave things like milk tea to other cultures.


For lunch, we got dropped off at Bubble in the Forest, a super expensive restaurant in the middle of nowhere. The girls wanted to go there basically for the insta-worthy shots. I was there just to eat. The food served was nice, so that's nice. There was a lot of meat and it's all top quality taste. Too bad I didn't take any picture of the food as we were all too hungry.

We bought an extra packet of rice for the driver before leaving the place. Dude dropped us back at our Airbnb at 5pm. We then left for Chatuchak market. Took Grab there again. Checked out the place real fast and almost all of the internal shops were not opened.


There was nothing much that interests me so I just kept walking until I found food. The food was awesome. I ate a lot of moo pings and other kinds of meat. Finally drank Chang beer too. It was a great meal. Tried their mango sticky rice too. Kinda meh. 

We got back to our Airbnb at 11pm. Played a few ranked games on ML with Jaaron to kill time to digest our food. Then we visited this massage parlour for our Thai massage. 500 baht for 2 hours. It was a great massage. I screamed for my life when my guy placed hot sand on my back. Damn. Luckily he is deaf and mute so he couldn't hear me scream.

Day 2, ended with a bang. Click here for Day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment