Sunday 25 June 2017

Bangkok Holiday Trip (June 2017) - Day 4 of 6

***The following is the account of the first-person-view from Edwin Ang.***


Woke up at 8am and went down for breakfast. Same old breakfast for the past 3 days. Starting to get tired of it.


The first thing we did after breakfast was to travel back to Chatuchak Market by Tuk Tuk (200 baht). We went to the market at the wrong time yesterday and it was already closed, so we made sure we went early today.



The market was really huge. 8000 stalls. Wow. We went to sit on this free tram ride around the market first to check out what's there. Then we started our stroll. We bought some snacks first. Thai milk tea and ice pop were the bomb. Then we walked further down and I bought 2 tote bags for my sister and mother.



Then I saw this ukulele stall and I couldn't resist it anymore. I bought one for 2200 baht and I'm out of money for the trip. I will be left with 1000 baht for the next 2 days. How great is that!


Hugging my ukulele throughout the market, I was careful not to set my sights on anything else. After walking around for 2 hours, we went to the JJ Mall beside the market for our supposed lunch. Same pad thai again for 99 baht.


There was this kid playing the electric guitar to busk and I was amazed when I saw that he actually had a pedalboard! Then we took the Tuk Tuk back to our hotel (200 baht). The girls went back to sleep while me and John went for a 2 hour massage. This time, we chose a different palour and it was surprisingly better, except for the presence of one ladyboy. *Shrugs*


There's a hot tub for our legs at the beginning and there's a complimentary oil back massage. It felt so good that I actually fell asleep. I only awoke at the 1 hour mark when I was asked to turn around. The stretching was amazing. My body loosened up tremendously.

Then we headed back to find the girls and it was 7pm. We rode a Tuk Tuk (150 baht) to Pat Phong to check out what's there. Apparently there's nothing much there because the area is filled with sex clubs. We ate dinner at this street stall selling noodles. It was crazy good. Humble little stall with enthusiastic waiters who can speak English and Chinese. Wow!


Disappointed, we visited this shopping mall beside this BTS station. They went into this cafe called After You to have supper. Then we wanted to find some decent bar to drink and chill at. But we couldn't find any decent bar in Pat Phong. We had to Tuk Tuk back to our district.



We stopped and alighted at the Big C supermarket to buy my beer. The alcohol section was literally heaven to me. They've got everything!!! But the prices are comparable to Singapore's so price wise, it was meh.



After getting my daily Chang, we headed back to the hotel. I drank and went over to the girls' room to talk for awhile before heading back to my own room and fell asleep promptly. Day 4 ended on a drunk note. HAHAHAHA!

Click here for Day 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment