Wednesday 3 January 2024

NZ 2023 - Glebe (Day 30 of 33)

Link to Day 30's video: https://youtu.be/amZrvbJ28fA


T'was a chill day in Australia. Woke up at 4am for no apparent reason. Must be the stress and worries about the luggage keeping me awake. But no biggie, used the time to plan for my day. Also can I just say that the streets of Katoomba in the early morning looks crazy nice!!!


Chanced upon this street called Edwin Lane and I knew I had to check it out. So left the hostel at 6am just to walk to that street. I love how empty the entire town is at 6am! Took many photos along the way!



Spent quite a while at the train station taking photos also because of how empty it is and how much the sunrise makes the whole place shine!



And yes, Edwin Lane is awesome!!!! I can't believe I even got the chance to see a lane with my name in Australia!!! Haha! On the way back to Katoomba town, the fog rolled in and made the entire train station look very apocalyptic, straight out of a movie!


Then ate breakfast at a local cafe called The Elephant Bean, very small portion for AUD$22. :( So I went to supermarket to get some cookies, which I ate on the train back to Sydney Central. The train ride was uneventful, but I really appreciate how expansive Sydney's train network is, and how quiet the trains run!



Waited 2 hours to check in to my hostel at Glebe because the hostel stupid, cannot process check-ins before 2pm. I wait until almost fell asleep, and in fact I wanted to sleep once I get my bed. Arghhh...

But no water left. No choice, have to go out and the nearest supermarket is 1km away. After buying my water, I was so close to the city that I just decided to check out the city. Sydney Central is but a huge Orchard Road. I actually enjoy walking through Sydney more than Melbourne. Not sure why!



Walked around see see look look for a few hours. Chanced upon a few card shops and just spent my time inside searching for more cards to bring home as memories. Then I settled dinner at Taco Bell because why not right, Dunedin's Taco Bell made me fall in love with Taco Bell.


Then walked back to hostel with a cup of Gong Cha in my hands. Well, I have drank milk tea a few times this trip, and I gotta say, Singapore's drinks are very sweet by the world's standards! Looks like Singapore is a really unhealthy place to live in!


Click <<< to return to Day 29 or >>> to move forward to Day 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment