Thursday 4 January 2024

NZ 2023 - Sydney (Day 31 of 33)

Link to Day 31's video: https://youtu.be/5ERrkL3lg3U



Today I explored Sydney proper and completed the final task of my entire holiday trip: Check out Sydney Opera House and take a picture with it in the background. With that, I have completed everything that I have set out to achieve for this trip!



After that, I just spent the rest of my day walking around the city, checking out random architecture and random animals. Apart from the main attractions, Sydney itself is actually quite boring. It's legit just a mega Orchard Road. I ate lunch at a random Subway before continuing my journey to check out the trains of Sydney.


Sadly the railway workshop place was already converted to a modern CBD district and there was nothing there. I promptly went back to hostel to recharge my phone and rest my legs. At first wanted to just grab dinner nearby because legs quite pain from all the walking in the day. But was very indecisive in choosing my dinner, which resulted in me walking further and further away from the hostel.


Ended up in the CBD area again. GG. Then it became adventure again. GG. Checked out some souvenir shops but nothing caught my eye. In the end settled dinner at a shady Thai restaurant called Mr B that serves steak. Lmao. For AUD$24.24, the steak wasn't even good. But okay la at least it's still red meat!


But okay yay I still had fun in this 10km walk. The best part was eating ice cream (AUD$12.50 for 3 scoops!) while walking with a sunset view! Really felt like a tourist here. Shiok!



Turned right on a route that I usually walk straight to return to the hostel only to find this beautiful hidden gem. A lot of people visit Sydney's main harbour that this small little Johnstons Bay is always forgotten. I might just do my run here tomorrow!


Click <<< to return to Day 30 or >>> to move forward to Day 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment