Monday 1 January 2024

NZ 2023 - Katoomba (Day 28 of 33)

Link to Day 28's video: https://youtu.be/jo1d_eSwk_E

Goodbye New Zealand!! I hope to return soon! Now it's time for the last leg of my trip which is Sydney!!!


Kena woken up at 5am by all the party-goers returning to the hostel. Just nice I have one hour to puke out the alcohol. LOL. Felt much better after that and left the hostel by 7am. When I reached the bus stop of Queenstown, I sat there and felt like puking again. So I did. And a random stranger beside me went like "What the heckkk you okay bro?"

Went on to have a full conversation with him about how different countries celebrate the New Year Eve. Wow. Quite a fulfilling convo not gonna lie. Dude lived in NZ his whole life and basically said life is good for him.


Took an expensive bus ride (NZD$10) to the airport because the luggage really is damn heavy. Sian. Reached the airport 2 hours early so I just relaxed at a charging point just watching YouTube videos with the free WiFi and charging point.


Then after checking in the luggage, I checked myself into the airport and spent another hour relaxing before boarding the plane. Plane ride was great because I caught up on sleep! Also, they gave me the emergency row again so plenty of leg room!!!


Landed in Sydney at 1pm and made my way to the train station. The Sydney Central train station is a huge station with 27 platforms!!! If not for a random cleaner telling me that my train is on platform 6, I would have missed it and waited another hour for the next one. The train to Katoomba is called the Blue Mountains Line, via the Intercity Network. The ride cost AUD$23.56.


Super mega long 3-hour train ride to Katoomba through. The sights were amazing so I actually loved the train ride! The train skipped most of the stations within the city centre and only stopped at all stations after Emu Plains. Cool!


Katoomba is one amazing little town. The vibe is completely different from New Zealand. Feels a lot like Malaysia's Genting here, more of a festive upbeat chill vibe. Walked this 1km downhill to YHA Blue Mountains hostel. Shag means on check out day have to walk uphill with the luggage. I saw that they have a buffet breakfast for AUD$12 so I got it for tomorrow's breakfast. 


Bought soap at a Countdown (wow Australia also have) because the stupid airport throw away my soap again, spent AUD$16.45. But yes, I also bought the kind of water than I can drink without opening the cap. GG. Should have bought them in NZ also haha.


Then went out to look for dinner and honestly, Katoomba have nothing much to eat. No steak, no burgers. I think it's the culture of the town here. So I ate their Fish N Chips, which is everywhere in Katoomba. Eh nice though for AUD$16.50.


Then there's this bird that kept interrupting my video. GG. Gotta rest up before the mega hike tomorrow! Hope the weather stays cool!

Click <<< to return to Day 27 or >>> to move forward to Day 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment