Sunday 31 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Kia Ora (Day 27 of 33)

Link to Day 27's video: https://youtu.be/FfFYgBqkj9c

What a way to end 2023!!! I have never spent the last day of any year better than today!


Woke up at 7am to weigh my luggage and thankfully, it weighs only 15kg, well under the 20kg check-in baggage I purchased! Immediately headed out for my final hike of New Zealand and of 2023! Not before a great breakfast at a local cafe first! It was a burger at Marmolada for NZD$22.50. Too small but whatever...



After eating, I headed up Queenstown Hill through a good mix of weather conditions. It was a much easier hike than Ben Lomond but it is still very fun! The sights are just as good as Ben Lomond though!


I got to do some actual bouldering stuff at the summit (although it was not meant for climbers like me). Also, the wind up there is crazy. My fingers felt like dropping off after the climbs!



The next part of my hike is merely to clock steps and distance, so not very fun. Then there was the 5km run by the wharf! Insane views! Compared to my other runs in NZ, this one was the best because of the breathtaking views!



Glad to be able to end my year with a good chunk of steak at a bar down by the wharf! The place is legit called Pub on Wharf and they serve this steak and beer for NZD$56.10, rather expensive I know, but it's literally right in the centre of town!


Also went to stock up on water and snacks (NZD$12.17) for tomorrow's trip back to Sydney because I know it's gonna be expensive to buy food at the airport!



Plot twist, this wasn’t even the end of the day. As I was washing my clothes, some old man in the hostel told me I’d be missing out on the most happening party of the year. So I changed my mind and headed back out to town.


Drank 3 pints of beer before joining the huge crowd by the waterfront and stage for the countdown to 2024! Whew, the weather real cold but it was a real vibe! Unbelievable!!! It was a crazy ass night as I struggle to find some strong WiFi in my semi-drunken state. Even sprinted at full speed back to the stage just to make it for the fireworks in time!


Unfortunately no fireworks pictures but there are tons of fireworks clips in my daily video!!! At this point in time, I'm just damn worried I'd oversleep and miss my flight tomorrow cause of the hangover...

Click <<< to return to Day 26 or >>> to move forward to Day 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment