Wednesday 8 March 2017

Taiwan Graduation Trip - Day 4 of 7

***The following is the account of the first-person-view from Edwin Ang.***

Woke up at 10am this morning because everyone was super tired after rock climbing. We left the house at 11am for breakfast. We wanted to go to the Underground Streets to look for breakfast. But none of the shops were opened yet.

Taipei Underground Street
By the time we found food, it was already lunchtime.

We went inside an ION Orchard copy mall. Every shop was a branded shop. Spacious and expensive. We saw that Subways had a long queue and realized its 1-for-1 day, so we joined in the queue. We each bought a foot long.

148NTD
They had a variety of meat not found in Subways Singapore. They had roasted beef and even lobster meat choices. I chose the roasted beef because the lobster was out of stock.

Wow
We passed by a legit gun shop which sells legit guns. It was amazing because it's the first time I've been this close to a real weapon. Next, we found the cheapest milk tea yet.

30NTD
30NTD is an unbelievable price and Jun Wei treated all of us because of a forfeit from yesterday night's Bridge game.

Taiwan also sells potato chips that are larger than our faces.
Dope
The best loot I got from Taiwan
Finally, I bought some key chains for myself and my brother. I don't know why but I keep buying key chains overseas. I just love key chains.

A side note, we helped 2 Japanese girls who were lost. They were trying to find Beimen station but didn't know how to. I led them to the station and they were so thankful. If they asked me for a photo, I would have taken it. But they didn't.

We went back to Ximending for dinner. After walking around, we found this fried noodles store.

Noodle = 80NTD, Egg = 10NTD, Cutlet = 65NTD
It's the best dinner I've eaten yet. Spicy enough and tender enough. Then we went back to rest for the day. Tomorrow we need to be up by 6am for river tracing so we needed to sleep early.

On a side note, if I had a dollar for every stare I got, I would have been a millionaire. People were either too shocked or amazed at me wearing sleeveless in this crazy weather. It certainly feels good to have a skill that only a handful could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment