Friday 10 March 2017

Taiwan Graduation Trip - Day 6 of 7

***The following is the account of the first-person-view from Edwin Ang.***

Everyone woke up super late today. 10am and everyone is still sleeping. Yesterday's river tracing caused my whole body to ache.


Alas, it's my last night sleeping on this couch. Never would I have thought I would spent my nights of a vacation on a couch. Since I already yolo the waterfall, I suppose I can yolo everything. It was a really comfy couch to be honest. Had trouble sleeping the first night but subsequents were amazing.


Left house at 11am to find food. Passed by this bunch of protestors and the police that were there were armed. That was a weird start to the morning. 


Air pollution also can protest. Win liao lor...

We reached a you tiao shop at noon and decided to settle brunch there. They bought bread and I ordered 10 you tiaos. Willis believe I can't finish it all by myself because 10 was a lot.


But I eventually did, after 3 hours. During that time, we headed to Taipei Underground Street to shop our merchandise. I replaced my umbrella cos it's kinda failing me. Bought the same umbrella as Jun Wei for 350NTD from the same exact shop. Then I passed by the box shops and couldn't resist buying another keychain. This time, it's the superman emblem. Sexy. Also, we spent a lot of time and money at the bear catcher and it wasn't worth it at all. We won nothing.

We went to Xingtian to buy the famous street muahchee and it was awesome. One ball with flavor for 10NTD. They bought a few XiaoMii portable chargers. I didn't need one because I have 2 already.

Around evening, we headed back to Ximending to get dinner. We split into 2 groups to buy different items. Willis and Jun Wei followed me to hunt down the pre-packed muahchee we bought yesterday. We got lost in the streets, which was pretty boring. After a half an hour search, we found the same shop. We quickly bought the muahchee and left to buy dinner. Samuel and Abram were already done with their part at this moment.

We bought the same food we did yerterday and then headed to Carrefour for last minute shopping spree. Bought a whole new pack of chewing gum, so hopefully I can smuggle into Singapore successfully. We also bought some bread for the airport camp tonight.

Then we headed back to the house to pack, play cards and eat dinner. As we enjoyed the last few moments in Taipei, we left at 10.30pm. Took the Beimen route to the Taoyuan-Airport MRT line and almost missed the last train service to the airport. Upon reaching airport, we found a spot and started our camp.


I am left with 2500NTD, of which I brought 8000 I think. Damn sad family only got muahchee from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment