Monday 16 December 2019

NZ 2019 - Flight to Chengdu (Day 0 of 15)

***The following is the account of the first-person-view from Edwin Ang.***

Finally, after a year of planning, I kick-started my journey at Changi Airport (duh). Let's first find out about my rocky start of the trip. During check-in, I almost couldn't get onto the plane because of this thing called eTA. I actually didn't apply for it and application approval takes 3 working days.

Where would I find 3 working days in under 1 hour? Thank God, however, when I applied for NZD47 online, it got approved within a minute. Close shave right there. I was so so scared for a moment that I have to cancel everything.

Also, shoutout to Willis for asking me to review my paperwork because that led me to find out that I booked the wrong date for my SkyBus ticket. Dammit wasted another NZD17 to re-book the ticket.

Next problem is the Chinese airlines didn't ask for my middle/chinese name so the name on my tickets don't match my passport one. The flight to Chengdu was okay because Singapore side settled it for me. The flight from Chengdu to Auckland was my main concern. Anyway, the flight to Chengdu was on Air China. Quite a small plane with no in-flight entertainment, I reached Chengdu in 5 gruelling hours. 

Chengdu Airport was a rather small one. I'm dressed in my PT kit as I walked around because weather was super cooling and almost everyone at the airport was judging me. But, I'm here for the adventure of my lifetime so who cares? Looked around the airport and managed to grab a bite before midnight. Saw this noodle shop and thought that it was a great meal!


Spent a few more yuan on gums and sweets after that. Also, screw Chengdu airport because there's no free WiFi and I can't comms back to my family. I could only walk around and do nothing.

Click here for Day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment