Tuesday 5 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Melbourne (Day 1 of 33)

Link to Day 1's video: https://youtu.be/x1wLcn5dgsE

I landed in bright sunny Melbourne at 8am. My my, the weather was perfect. Bright and sunny but 18 degrees celsius. I could live here forever.


I indeed went ahead with my plans to try their public transport and I did. Walked to Terminal 4 to purchase the PTV card and topped up AUD$20 into the card, the EZ-link card equivalent in Melbourne. Took bus 901 from the airport and alighted near Broadmeadows station. Walked to the train station and had to make a run for the train because it's another half an hour of wait if I don't.


The train ride was beautiful!!! I don’t know how, but the trains are dead silent, unlike the ones in Singapore. Like legit the noises are very minimal. I love it! The total fare was AUD$7! Alighted at Flinders Street and started the tracking for my walk.


Was so thirsty I had to impulse purchase an expensive bottle of 1.5L water (AUD$5.67) at a random mart.


First, walked to Queen Victoria’s Market to check it. But sadly, it’s just a glorified pasar malam. I walked probably max 30 minutes and decided it’s time to go.


Saw a restaurant on Google Maps with pretty rave reviews and decided to head there. But unfortunately it was too pricey. So I walked down the lane and went into a kopitiam, which had slightly cheaper food! Bought some sandwich for AUD$16.50. The sad thing about this place is there is a surcharge for using PayWave. :(


I was headed to the Botanical Gardens next! Walked like 8km to the place. The walk was great!!! Feels like I’m in New Zealand already!!! Peaceful and quiet, nature all around. I reached the park and just sat on a park bench for like a good hour. So chill!!!!


I slowly made my way back to the city central and ultimately ended up at Melbourne Central Mall, which I ate dinner at. McDonalds is twice the price of Singapore’s and tastes exactly the same. Regrets buying this McRib that is exactly a prosperity burger from Singapore. AUD$15.35 fly!


At 6pm, I decided to head back to the airport to rest earlier, since I didn’t have a good night’s sleep yesterday and my next flight is at like 6am. Assuming I gotta wake up at 3am to brush my teeth and check-in, resting early at 8pm sounds like a great idea!


So I slowly made my way back via the same way I came! And to my dismay, there wasn’t a lot of spots to chill or charge my devices. The airport is rather small too, so that’s sad. But hey, the McDonalds is exactly what I needed; free charging and comfort, and a large AUD$5.95 worth of frappe. But sadly got a lot of kids shouting so I’ll go back at a later time. It’s gonna be a long night.

Click <<< to return to Day 0 or >>> to move forward to Day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment