Wednesday 27 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Invercargill (Day 23 of 33)

Link to Day 23's video: https://youtu.be/9ujeyV-OZ8I


Woke up pretty early today because I'm excited to start walking again! Ate a huge breakfast at Tuatara cafe for NZD$34.80, which is just below my Tuatara accommodation! Both are owned by the same guy. And kid you not, soft chewy bacon is the best thing I can eat in the morning!


After looking at Google maps, I decided that Sandy Point is not worth the 30km walk there and back. Like it's just a beach, nothing special. Instead, I opted for a 10km round trip around Estuary pond, which is much more worth it. The pond is very unique and the animals in it are different! There are swans and cranes!





Then after walking a bit, the path ended at some construction site. Cannot la sial. I refused to be stopped by fences. So I continued on despite the obstacles. Eventually, there was no point going any further so I switched to Queen's Park.


The park is very strange because I walked right into a golf range. When I exited the golf range, I ended up in a zoo??? Crazy adventure right there. Decided to head back to the hostel to recharge my phone before heading out for dinner.


Chanced upon a game shop beside the dinner place so I spent about an hour in it just chit-chatting with their local gamers. Even bought more Pokemon cards just for the fun and memories. 


This town's restaurants closes pretty early and I didn't want to eat the same thing I ate last night, so I opted for a fast food burger chain called Burgerfuel. It was not bad, but a little too expensive (NZD$18.70) for something so common. But okay I'm full so at least it's worth it. End of day 23!

Click <<< to return to Day 22 or >>> to move forward to Day 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment