Monday 11 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Dunedin to Oamaru (Day 7 of 33)

Link to Day 7's video: https://youtu.be/VfWFt7rWVRY

Woke up super early for no reason again, perhaps anxious for the bus ride once again. Packed and got out of the hostel by 7am. Waited not too long for the bus which arrived early!


Bus ride was much shorter than the one from Queenstown so yay! Reached Oamaru at 10am and went straight for breakfast after putting my backpack Empire Hotel Backpackers. Ate at this place called The Roost. Their big breakfast cost NZD$30.50, which looks and tastes delicious!


I also went to buy a folder to put my postcards in as well as more water for my day. Spent a total of NZD$14.


After which I decided to check out the cheese factory of Oamaru. Walked like a good hour in the sun to get there. It was pretty disappointing as everything was crazy expensive. In order to not make a wasted trip, I ordered a milkshake for NZD$8 to chill there for a while, and to use their toilets.


There was this Rainbow Confectionary beside the cheese factory, and wow, dirt cheap, quality candy! Like, it's just NZD$5 for 1kg worth of sweets! I’ll definitely come back in the future to Oamaru for this! Definitely!

Then walked back to town and decided to explore the train yard. It was a great exploration and I am very very happy with myself! Then I walked to hopefully see some penguins but they were all not ready to return to shore yet. So I returned to the hostel to rest a little and change my plans from Ashburton to Invercargill in the later part of the trip.


Headed back out for dinner in this super amazing restaurant beside the hostel, Star & Garter! Ordered steak for NZD$38! My goodness, their food quality is out of this world!!! Another reason to return to Oamaru in the future!!! Day 7 ended shortly after dinner!

Click <<< to return to Day 6 or >>> to move forward to Day 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment