Friday 15 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Dashing Rocks (Day 11 of 33)

Link to Day 11's video: https://youtu.be/45xRrD2XZVw

Wow sleeping in my own room in New Zealand for 9 whole hours gotta be the best feeling ever! No kidding it's the best sleep I've had since the trip started! So much that I only left the motel at 11am. Headed right into town for some hearty breakfast at Mrs M. Their big breakfast cost NZD$30.50.



Then I started my walk around the outskirts of Timaru. The walk took me from private residential estates to lush forests, to open fields, to meeting some cute doggos. The sights and sounds are very intriguing!




Stopped by a Countdown to pick up some fruits and drinks for a recharge! Fresh fruits for the win!!! Spent only NZD$15.04 for all these fruits (got more apples, not just one).


Then I headed to Dashing Rocks, another famous attraction of Timaru. Wow! Quite amazing how natural erosion formed this spectacular sight!


Not forgetting the walk around Caroline Bay, such fantastic views!



Decided to go for a 5km run after the 20km walk just for fun! Didn't expect the weather to be this hot and sunny in New Zealand! After not running for more than a week, this feels pretty strange!


Got quite sunburnt in these few days so I headed back to the supermarket to purchase some sunscreen as well as pick up some more drinks for NZD$18.73.


Ended my day with a huge spread right in my own room! Pizza Hut is the way to go after a run! Both pizza cost total of NZD$31.46, but I intend to eat the 2nd pizza for breakfast tomorrow morning, since there is a microwave in the room! Perfect way to live life!


Click <<< to return to Day 10 or >>> to move forward to Day 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment