Friday 22 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Riverside Market (Day 18 of 33)

Link to Day 18's video: https://youtu.be/C-jfpQSZJeA

Today was a really short day. Woke up at 6am because couldn’t sleep well for some apparent reason. Checked out of Urbanz by 10am and just walked around in the city centre for a bit. Unknowingly stumbled into the workshop of the Christchurch trams. Wow!


Chanced upon a scenic breakfast at Tramway Cafe, which gave me a good view of the trams in action! The breakfast was a rather small portion at NZD$31.50, but acceptable because of the view and how close the trams can move beside me as I was eating! 


Then walked to a place called Westfield Riccarton to chill inside some shopping mall, opening Pokemon card packs because I’m bored as hell. EB games sells their packs really cheap! Otherwise, there was nothing much over at Riccarton.


Then at 2pm, I walked to Jailhouse Accommodation and checked-in! The place really look like jail sia! Recharged my phone and then headed back out. Explored the city centre but bought no souvenirs because nothing caught my eye.



Bought this random mango smoothie from J Bing milk tea for NZD$11. Expensive sia. And apparently the lady at the counter didn't understand that I want pearls in my drink.


Toured the famous Riverside Market and ate happily. The place has a lot of good food! I might just go back tomorrow too! I ate this wood-fired pizza from Base Woodfired Pizza for NZD$24.36. Very small portion but it is really a class higher than Pizza Hut and Domino's.



Then got some ice cream from this famous shop called Rollickin. NZD$10.10 for two delicious scoops of ice cream that surprisingly melts very fast in the cold weather! Then I headed to the supermarket to stock up on basic necessities. Bought cereal for breakfast on Christmas Day because I know nothing is gonna be open.


That brings me to the end of this very short day in Christchurch! Also, here's a picture of a car with the driver driving on a different side compared everyone else. Wow. Very unique sight to see!


Click <<< to return to Day 17 or >>> to move forward to Day 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment