Wednesday 13 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Steampunk HQ (Day 9 of 33)

Link to Day 9's video: https://youtu.be/eFDFHvXV13U


Yet another lazy morning in Oamaru because there was laundry to do and Singapore news to catch up with. Left hostel proper at 11am and went to buy some snacks for the day (NZD$5.70). These cookies from Countdown are dirt cheap sia. 500g for 2 bucks is crazy cheap!


Then I had Domino’s pizza for brunch (NZD$14). Amazing as always!


Visited this steampunk museum (NZD$15) which is the other main tourist attraction of Oamaru. The museum was creepy as hell but okay, I can understand why steampunk is a theme. Spent 1 hour in there and then got bored fast.

Went back to hostel to chill a while before some white old man with a screw loose started talking to me. Feeling pissed, I walked to Oamaru public gardens to chill instead. Ate cookies bought from Countdown and watched the Polar Express movie from start to end.


Then walked back to town to eat at my favourite restaurant in New Zealand, Star and Garter once again!! Ordered steak (NZD$38), which is what blew my mind 2 days ago. It still blows my mind today!! I officially declare this to be the best steak I will ever eat in my life!


Returned back to hostel to meet this cool dude from the US army and together with another army guy in the room (Netherlands), we exchanged stories about our own armies. Wow, such a unique bond!!


9pm to 11pm was when I went out to catch the last glimpse of the penguins. That’s it, thankful for Oamaru giving me a chance to enjoy a slow and quiet town life!


Click <<< to return to Day 8 or >>> to move forward to Day 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment