Friday 8 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Queenstown to Dunedin (Day 4 of 33)

Link to Day 4's video: https://youtu.be/ac4D_69H2-Y

Woke up at 5:30am feeling real anxious because of bad experiences with Intercity Buses back in 2019. A few of my trips back then got rescheduled last minute and it caused me quite some setbacks, especially on Christmas Day 2019.


Checked out of Flaming Kiwi Backpackers at 6:30am and headed to town to grab some breakfast for NZD$11.80 at McDonald’s, along with uploading yesterday’s video! Then boarded the Intercity Bus to Dunedin at 7:40am. Thank goodness the bus arrived on time today! 


The bus ride was amazing. The sceneries felt just like a movie, so unreal, yet so real! Driver dropped us at a random shop in the middle of nowhere for a break and wow, even the small shop looks amazing!!! I bought some honey and coffee for myself for NZD$14! The honey will help maintain my immune system for the trip! Then I reached Dunedin at 1pm!

Chilled at a park to record video before walking to Manor House backpacker hostel. The moment I stepped in, I knew I wasn’t gonna stay there for the next 3 days. The temperature inside the room was so crazy high because the people inside refuse to open the windows.

Then there was this permanent resident in the room that looks like he is staying there forever. Dude didn't shower for a very long time and smells like shit. It was not a place for a traveller hoping to have a good stay. At that point, I couldn’t care lesser if I can get a refund or not. The vibe is so awful I just booked the next cheapest hostel just a few blocks away. 

The next hostel, Chalet Backpackers, was way way better. Clean rooms, neat beds, a proper room. I rested and recharged for a bit before heading back out. On the exploration of the town, I bought some postcards and a notebook for myself for NZD$19.50!


Went to eat dinner at this bar called Lone Star some 2km walk away. It was awesome! The beer was superb! Sadly it was full house so I can only order the sides, which are still good because the ribs were amazing! Spent NZD$31.08 here!


Then I walked back to the train station to do my video conclusion. I love the train station so so much! It was an old school train station so the design was really antique! Even took a few pictures!






Then I just walked back to the town to chill before having another beer at Brew Bar for NZD$14!

Click <<< to return to Day 3 or >>> to move forward to Day 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment