Thursday 14 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Oamaru to Timaru (Day 10 of 33)

Link to Day 10's video: https://youtu.be/AXMWb9xqHOQ

Finally I left the small town Oamaru and headed for the big town Timaru. But not before a last hearty breakfast at another cafe in Oamaru. This time I struck out on luck and the portion was rather small. But okay, at least I ate something. Never coming back to Badger & Mackerel for a NZD$31.30 big breakfast.


Reached Timaru at 11am and walked to Anchor Motel. I’m half expecting the motel experience to be shitty because half the reviews are complaints. To my surprise, I actually even got upgraded to the next-tier room because someone else wants to overstay! Wow!


Immediately took a shower because why not, I can take all the time in the world because the shower is my own and the bed is my own! Chilled in the room for a good hour before heading out to Pak N Save to restock my water supply for NZD$17.30. Got a lot of snacks too since now I have a whole room to store them!


Then came back to put down the water before heading out for my day. Walked 20km around Timaru to check out some of their sights and sounds! Pretty cold place!!!


Chanced upon this Mini Cooper that was on sale for pretty cheap! The car prices in New Zealand are really affordable!!!




At night just ate dinner at Bay Hill Bar near my place, although their steak is not as good as the one in Oamaru. In fact, I think it's not even worth it to return to this place in the future, though their beer is great! NZD$50.50 spent here tonight.


Click <<< to return to Day 9 or >>> to move forward to Day 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment