Saturday 30 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Sunshine Bay (Day 26 of 33)

Link to Day 26's video: https://youtu.be/TVNkcmiTPhw



It is my 2nd last full day in New Zealand. So saddd!!! But anyways, today has been great. Really great. In the morning, I walked 13km to Five Mile Shopping Complex to purchase a luggage. The walk was mesmerising!!! The views of Queenstown is unbeatable, which is why it is my most favourite town of South Island!


Reached the shopping complex but had to find breakfast first because hungry as heck after walking for so long. Ate at Society Cafe with their big breakfast for NZD$33.59. Not bad!!! Then I officially started my shopping spree.


Since yesterday buy honey and cannot bring onto hand-carry, bobian need to buy luggage to check the honey in. Then since have luggage, it's time for alcohol too! Yay! Got 3 bottles of different kinds of alcohol that is made by the same company called Broken Heart. All 3 are locally made in Queenstown, and only Queenstown!


Then might as well buy gifts and souvenirs here also. Spent quite a while filling the luggage to the brim. Hehe. Then I had to take the bus back to the hostel because luggage too heavy to walk the 13km back. Then after a re-packing session in the hostel, I went out for a great long walk.



Chanced upon this hidden little gem by the roadside and decided to trace the river upstream to this clear opening. Really beautiful hidden gem, like discovering a new frontier! Took quite a few photos there! Then I headed back to the proper road to continue on!


Originally only wanted to walk a little bit and chill at the beach, but I couldn’t resist a proper trail. The trail was nice and beautiful, with pretty sights of the lake parallel to the trail! The whole part of that walk is called the Sunshine Bay walk, and I can see why!




Got to eat some amazing fish n chips too at this random shop called Chur Fish N Chips! Walked up Fernhill estate just to check this shop out. And wow, it is really good for NZD$26! The fish and the milkshake is the bombz!

Overall today was the most expensive day of my trip because of all the souvenirs and gifts, but it is also one of my happiest. :) Glad to be able to purchase things for my loved ones back in Singapore!

Click <<< to return to Day 25 or >>> to move forward to Day 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment