Thursday 21 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Blenheim to Christchurch (Day 17 of 33)

Link to Day 17's video: https://youtu.be/03jY2whTcwo

When I woke up and sneezed a few times, I knew some pretty big decisions had to be made. So I booked 2 extra nights of accommodation in Christchurch and rebooked my Intercity bus from Saturday to today. Kid you not, spending at least SGD100 on a whim just like that isn’t funny. In fact, it wasn't even just 100 bucks with the hostels and admin matters.

But it had to be done. Dude made the room so messy, so dirty, so dusty. This is the problem with cheap backpacker hostels, you risk bunking with these “homeless” people who don’t know what is personal hygiene. By 10am, I was out of the place. I don’t even care if the refund of the NZD$60 will be made or not.


I made my way to breakfast at CPR Coffee and wow, it was a nice big breakfast for NZD$34.16. Their bacon is so soft and chewy wow!!! Then it was some library time to wait for the 2pm bus. This time, I read up on the railway history of New Zealand! Had to buy more data at McDonalds because data ran out pretty fast. Day 17, used up 12gb of data in 2 weeks!


Then it was a long 5-hour bus ride to Christchurch. The bus actually made a half an hour break at Kaikoura and although I didn't eat anything, I had a great time looking at the town again. Instead of cold and cloudy like the last time I've been in Kaikoura, it was bright and sunny this time! Wow! Can even see the top of Mount Fyffe sia!


I reached Christchurch at around 7:30pm and immediately checked in to Urbanz Accommodation. The room is perfect for me because it is 99% similar to an SAF room! This checks every of my vibe for real! It was a real high tech place to live in!



Then I headed out for a quick water purchase and an expensive steak dinner (NZD$51) at Jaba Grill and Bar. I walked around for a damn long time to find cheaper options but being so close to Christmas, nowhere else wants to open. But okay la, their steak is really high class and actually quite unique.


Not sure what they added to the sides but I think it was pumpkin sauce! They even lighted up a branch on fire for aesthetics. Wow! Ok now I know why so expensive. After dinner, I just rushed back to the hostel because the weather damn cold. I’m actually quite excited to explore Christchurch tomorrow because the cool weather is perfect for day explorations!!!

Click <<< to return to Day 16 or >>> to move forward to Day 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment