Saturday 23 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Addington (Day 19 of 33)

Link to Day 19's video: https://youtu.be/BaMSgODpUoA

Not a lot of things happened today as the entire country prepares for a cold Christmas weekend. Life is really slowing down for me too, sensing that this Christmas is gonna be a real lonely one for me in this huge city. It's like the entire city is mine for the weekend, and mine alone!


Woke up rather early but had to wait for the hostel to reply me if I am changing beds or not. End up no need so I wasted like 2 hours doing nothing on the bed. Oh wells, at least now the breakfast place will be open. And indeed it is! Ate big breakfast at Addington Coffee for NZD$34. Wah, damn full sia...


Walked around the city centre just like yesterday. Chanced upon a very beautiful river and decided to follow in. Regret a little cause I was still in slippers recovering from the blisters and I walked like 5km out of the city. In total I walked a small amount of 16.37km today. :)


Dinner was nice too, in a small little cafe called El Fogon down by the alley. Hot steak with cold beer (NZD$42.22) while jazz music plays as it drizzles outside. This is the best life I've ever found myself in. It is at that moment I wished someone was by my side.


But nope, everyone went home for Christmas. Even the supermarket not gonna open tomorrow. So while it's open today, I bought a cake for tomorrow's breakfast, which on hindsight, is a wrong choice because it looks too good. I might just eat it tonight. LOL.


Ahhhh and the long ass walk back to the hostel...

Click <<< to return to Day 18 or >>> to move forward to Day 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment