Wednesday 6 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Queenstown (Day 2 of 33)

Link to Day 2's video: https://youtu.be/HiNBHEhRXAs

Ahhhh it was indeed a long night. I found a comfortable spot to lie down and charge my devices for 2 hours, and actually slept for that duration, but it all went to hell after that. I needed to pee so I had to pack everything and go. By the time I return, someone else was at the spot. So I went out to look for a new spot.


Tried McDonalds but got chased out because their 24-hour operating hours is a lie. Went back to the generic area and saw a charging spot with a cold hard bench. Yup, I couldn’t sleep on the cold hard bench. Neither could all the others who were there. Everyone was obviously camping overnight for a graveyard timing flight. Everyone was obviously trying to sleep but couldn’t. At 2am, some of us started pacing up and down the terminal. It was hilarious. 


The above (right) was my view for most of the night. Alas, my check-in opened at 3:15am and I went straight in. Bought a simple meal to fill the stomach since my next ingestion of food will be 12pm. The two pieces of bread, although expensive at AUD$15.11, were absolutely delicious. I don't even know what it was!


Then just went to my boarding gate to chill there. I don’t dare to sleep because I’m worried of missing the call to board. Alas, boarded the plane at 6:15am and just went to sleep. I could say it was the best 3 hours of sleep I had in the last 2 days. Amazing!!!


Landed in Queenstown at 11:30am. Went through the painstaking process of New Zealand’s biosecurity clearance and was out of the airport by 12pm. Walked the 2km walk to the nearest Countdown to stock up on my basic necessities after the airport check threw all it away. Spent NZD$30.30 on soap, shavers and face wash.

Then was feeling super duper hungry already. So I went to Domino's to order a huge pizza for NZD$14! Tasty!!! Couldn't finish it all at the restaurant so I took the last quarter out and ate it on the walk to Queenstown Central.


Walked a solid 10km to Flaming Kiwi Backpackers near Queenstown Central. Didn’t know the walk would take that long or else I wouldn’t have walked. Finally reached the place at 3pm and instantly took a nice long shower the moment I got my bed. Editing the video was the last thing I remembered before I knocked out for 2 hours.


Can I just pause here and say that Flaming Kiwi Backpackers is a crazy good hostel? I would totally stay here again!

Woke up to wet weather. Contemplated on staying in to sleep and have a big hearty breakfast tomorrow morning before the day starts, or walk out in the drizzle and try the local food. I chose to walk out after the receptionist recommended me some temptations to try.


Headed straight for Fergburgers and my goodness, it’s the best burger I’ve ever eaten. I did not know it then, but I went at an optimal time and waited only 10 minutes! Queues could take up to 2 hours during mealtimes! I forgot what I ordered but it was NZD$26.40, most tasty thing I've ever eaten!


Even more so, the craft beer at Beech Tree was the icing on the cake! The receptionist recommended me correctly!!! It was 9pm after I finished one pint of whatever the heaven I ordered (NZD$14.21) so I headed back to the hostel to end my day! What a great start to the holidays!

Click <<< to return to Day 1 or >>> to move forward to Day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment