Thursday 28 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Seaward Bush (Day 24 of 33)

Link to Day 24's video: https://youtu.be/DykDGcLXT_s


Wow it's day 24 already!!! I have less than 10 days till this mega adventure ends!!! Day 24 started with me having a not-so-big breakfast at Brew Cafe for NZD$31.20. Had my fair share of bigger breakfast sets.


Then the walk began. Walked a 9km out into the wilderness to visit a place called Seaward Bush. Firstly, there's no sea. Secondly, it isn't a bush. It was a damn jungle. A jungle that I got lost in.



But not to worry, I made it out alive. Walked the walk back to town and promptly changed into running attire. Weather is hot and sunny today so it's perfect for a 5km run.



Almost beat my personal best timing sia. Yeah at first I wanted to try for a new PB thinking that if I sweat lesser in this climate, I'm more efficient in my run. But well, forgot that I already hiked 21km prior to the run. 



Still a great run nonetheless. Ate fast food for dinner because I'm in running attire, inappropriate for fancy restaurants. McDonalds again yo! NZD$18.40 well spent on a huge meal!


This marks the end of my visit to Invercargill. Invercargill has surprisingly been a very wonderful pit stop for me! No regrets switching from Ashburton to Invercargill! Now time for some laundry!!!


Click <<< to return to Day 23 or >>> to move forward to Day 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment