Tuesday 19 December 2023

NZ 2023 - Kaikoura to Blenheim (Day 15 of 33)

Link for Day 15's video: https://youtu.be/Ojc9cPFomVk

Today was a very short day. Woke up at 8am to pack my stuff and prepare to leave Kaikoura. Originally, I was supposed to spend 3 nights in Kaikoura just like the other cities, but ultimately changed my plans back in Oamaru because I didn't wanna stay in a small town till there was nothing to do. So I shifted one full day from Kaikoura to Blenheim.


To be honest, Kaikoura was a fun little town! Walked around at 10am and bought some gifts and postcards before having a big breakfast at a local cafe for NZD$26.39. It is called Chiwi Cafe because it was run by Chinese. GG. But hey, they gave me a free cup of flat white because a kind Christian paid for every first customer of the day! Wow!


Bus came at 11am and the ride was also very scenic. The highway basically paralleled the East Coast railway line, which people pay good money to get a ride on. These views are exactly what they are hoping to see. I also learnt that this whole area was affected by a major earthquake just a few years back!


Super mesmerising!!! I reached Blenheim at 1pm. Blenheim is so damn hot compared to Kaikoura. It went from 10 deg C to 29 deg C. What is this!!! I came to NZ to escape the heat but I end up in heat??? Not complaining though cause I still rather miss the heat. :) But damn.


Walked to Jack's Backpacker Hostel in the heat and almost got fried. GG. The moment I walked into the room, I knew it is another Dunedin situation with a permanent resident in the room. But no choice, there wasn't anywhere else as cheap as this hostel unlike in Dunedin. So I thought I'd just put up with that guy for like 4 nights.



Walked around and explored Blenheim a little. Bought some Pokemon cards since brother say it’s super cheap compared to if bought in Singapore. Hopefully can get some nice cards for memories. Then had dinner at a local restaurant called Goodhome before calling it a day. The Fish N Chips cost NZD$28.42. Not very cheap for not very nice food. But nothing else to eat liao.


Called it a day after getting some water and snacks for NZD$22.20. Just wanna say the weather is already so damn hot and the guy in the room can even close every single window and curtain! What even!!!

Click <<< to return to Day 14 or >>> to move forward to Day 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment